Mission: Shannon Education Center houses many BISD programs including:
- The Learning Center, BISD's high school of choice for high school students.
- The District Alternative Education Placement (DAEP), a program for students who have not complied with the rules of their home campus.
- The BISD Career Center, programs include: auto technology, business education, cosmetology, marketing, media technology, and construction technology.
- The Assisting School-Aged Parents program, assists pregnant or parenting teenagers in continuing their education.
- The Keeping Effective Educational Programs for Students, (KEEPS) helps students ages 17 to 21 earn their GED.
- A Credit Recovery Lab which assists students re-capture credits for classes taken and failed in the home campus.
- An Intensive Behavior Class for students with special behavioral needs.